Dental Anxiety and Phobia: Solutions for Overcoming Dental Fear
Dental Anxiety is Not Uncommon
Some studies show that up to 75% of Americans experience some level of dental related fear and 20% avoid dental care because of it. If you have a fear of dental work, we want you to know that we will make every effort to ensure you feel comfortable and safe at our office.
We Can Help!
Whatever your individual level of anxiety may be, our office is committed to making sure that your visit is as comfortable, quick and easy as possible. There are many solutions for dental anxiety, and we are ready to help.
Here are a few we use:
- Communication: Informing us as to what you are afraid of is a great place to start. Often times we can even begin with a virtual consultation. We will always keep you informed before, during, and after your procedure, making sure that you understand what is going on and why we are doing it.
- Calming Techniques: We can guide you through controlled breathing, offer distractions, and aromatherapy.
- Listening to Music, Podcoasts or White Noise: With most procedures, the use of personal headphones and music is allowed. This is a great way to keep calm and pass the time while in the chair.
- Oral Sedation or Pre-appointment Medication: Depending on the nature of your procedure, various types of medication or sedation may be available to you.
- Taking Breaks: We will keep the pace of your treatment manageable.